Monday, December 22, 2008

GRATITUDE AND LOVE IN TRYING TIMES

12-21-08...GRATITUDE AND LOVE IN TRYING TIMES

With so much sadness in our world today. So many worries that we all face with sickness and death, unjustice, ect. It is hard sometimes to look on the good things. I've been in that position for several weeks now. Finding it hard to enjoy all the blessings that God gives me every day. Well That is flat wrong, very wrong! I said to myself, Clydene It is time for you to snap out of it. Stop the self pity and remember the way Your wonderful Parents raised you.
We had so little when I was growing up and yet so much. We were some of the best blessed kids ever and it is time I just stop complaining.
Today was our Christmas Sunday at Church and it was beautiful. At the end of the service our Pastor got a chair and a story book and called all the kids up to sit on the altar all around him. As I looked at those sweet little faces the tears started flowing down my face. There was a little boy with a deformed face and hearing aids in each ear. He sat close so he could hear. Another little boy in almost the same shape was so hyperactive that he couldn't be still. His Parents were not there. They abandoned him and his two sisters to foster care. Thank God They are still together in one home. Another little boy lives with his grandparents because his parents are both in prison. There was one beautiful little girl in a red velveteen dress. All dolled up. She has anything she wants except Parents who care about her welfare or about providing love and a supportive family life. She was there with a Aunt. One little girl was so skinny she could have been a skeleten, but she was dressed beautifully. She was with her Parents and Grandparents. But this little girl is sick and may not see next Christmas. I made up my mind to make an effort to try and make these precious childrens lives better in some way. Even the ones who appear to have a good home life some of the Mothers and/or Fathers are not there.
The reality of it all hit me full force. Everyone has a cross to bear. Some are almost unbearable so who am I to think I'm the only one. There was a couple there who just lost their 22 yr. old Son in a car crash. He was hit by a drunk driver. His sweet Parents had to sit at his bedside for the past two weeks watching their precious Son die. As I gave them hugs, cried with them and for them, I told them I AM HERE FOR YOU. I've been there. I will offer a shoulder and a warm heart to them because I believe that is my purpose. It don't get better but it does get bearable.
I know there are many here on The Hill who have been there too. I offer You the same shoulder and warm heart full of love. I go through these periods every year at this time but I have vowed not to do that next year. I'm 64 and I have a lot of living left to do. Those precious little Children and Those grieving parents showed that to me this morning. I'M THANKFUL, I'M BLESSED.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!! AND GOD BLESS YOU

No comments: