Thursday, March 19, 2009

THOUGHTS OF SPRING

3-19-09...THOUGHTS ON SPRING

Just a few of my thoughts on spring. These were published in 1993 in Gods Beauty, A collection of Spring.

MARCH
I glimpsed a Robin outside my window,
Bobbing his head and trilling a tune.
I thought to myself, That little one
Is in my yard too soon.
For March winds are a blowing
Their crisp breaths all around that tree
where that little bird sits.
And the nip in the air feels fall, not spring.
Maybe he shouldn't be here yet.
Then I glance at my flower bed, covered with brown leafs,
under the oak tree where the Robin sings,
What do I see but little green heads,
struggling upward to be seen.
Green shoots of an Iris, a tulip, and a hyacinth,
that tells me Spring is indeed near.
That Robin knows where he is, it is the scheme of things.
No, that Robin need not have any fear.
Clydene Overbey

SPRING
The sun is shining brightly, air is crisp and sweet.
Green grass is peeking through, brown leafs at my feet,
Yellow daffodils are blooming, tulips peeking out.
Birds are singing merrily, Spring just seems to shout.
Hummingbirds will be here soon, flinting back and forth.
They'll drink nectar from the feeders, hanging on my porch.
God gives us all this beauty, each year at this time.
Nothing man made on this earth,,,
Could compare to God's Springtime!!!
Clydene Overbey

GODS SONGBIRD
I chanced to see a bird this morning,
In all its glory, perched on a branch.
I heard its trill upon the air.
And I looked to take a glance.
I said dear bird how can you sing,
such a beautiful song?
You sing in such a beautiful way,
and do it all day long.
He cocked his head to one side,
I think he was amused at me.
But he didn't need to answer for I knew.
God made him that way you see.
Clydene Overbey

No comments: