Friday, April 17, 2009

I CALLED HER STINKER

4-15-09...I CALLED HER STINKER

There is an sorta' odd or different couple who live down the road who have a bunch of dogs. They don't really take care of them and they roam all over. There was this small dog (a female) not very old who came up with 4 little puppies. Well the guy was attempting to get rid of the puppies by killing them. He told my husband at the mailbox one day that there was one puppy left that he hadn't been able to find. A day or two later I found the little thing, puny and weak in my barn. I have a Poodle who is very possessive of me and knew I didn't need or want another dog. So )i'm ashamed to admit this) I just walked out and tried to forget the puppy. Then the next morning I started out my back door and there she was under the step trembling and whining. My heart just melted and I couldn't stand it. I fed and watered the little thing, put flea and tick drops on her and brought her in to introduce to Moses (my poodle) Moses snarled up and tried to bite her so I put her back out by the step and made her a soft bed. Fot three mornings she was still there waiting for me with her whole body wagging. I took this pic. of her on my foot one morning.

She won my heart. No one is going to kill my LITTLE STINKER. I brough her in for several days and let Moses get used to her. Or tried to get him used to her. He wasn't making Friends very fast. This morning I sat on my deck with my coffee and brought Stinker with me. Moses came too and in about an hour Moses still hated her. My husband didn't want her either but I just couldn't bear to see her die. After lunch one day I again sat on the deck with iced tea, and again brought Stinker and Moses with me. My hubby came out. I got him a glass of iced tea and he sat there trying to ignore Stinker. He wouldn't make friends with her either. I was devastated and didn't know what to do. I tried one day to give her to one of my neighbors. No she didn't want the poor little thing either but she called me the next day and gave me a number for someone that was looking for a dog like Stinker. I called the number and the lady came right away and picked her up. I had mixed feelings as I watched them drive away with Stinker. I knew I couldn't keep her but I had gotten attached to her. But I believe I found her a good home and I'm so happy about that. As to how she got all the way up here and in my barn: All I can figure out is Her Mom brought her up here and gave her to us so she would be safe from the "KILLER" I believe that is the right answer. DON'T YOU??? I know the poor little thing didn't come up here on her own and leave her Mom. The Mom never came to our house after that so I'm sure she left her little baby here for me to rescue. Thats how Moms are. They protect their young!! Yep

No comments: