Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MAMMA VISITED ME

12-8-09...MAMMA VISITED ME

Mamma died just before Thanksgiving six years ago. I lost the best friend I ever had or ever will have in this world. Sometimes I want to talk to my Mamma so bad it hurts. I want to sit on her lap like I did when I was a kid or have her put her arms around me and say Its Ok, Don't cry. When everything was falling down around me Mamma was there. I guess I figured she would always be there for me. After she was gone I was just lost.
Two mornings ago about 2:00AM in the very quiet time, I was lying in bed crying. I was hurting, I couldn't take any more meds. for five more hours. I had been up earlier and my BP was way up again. Well heck fire, what now I thought. I just might as well give up and try to get through the best I can from now on.
"Clydene I didn't raise you like that! Now that is enough of this stupid stuff, Straighten up"!!! (Now please, if you are poo,pooing this and you are skeptical, Please stop reading right now). The words were plain to me, In My Mind? That doesn't matter because I heard my Mamma say this just like I had heard her all through my life saying it. I had been wanting and wishing I could talk to my Mamma. Well my Mamma was talking to me just like she always did. I actually flinched expecting a peach tree limb to sting my legs that's how real it was to me. I saw a shadow of my Mamma standing sideways to me, her hair was in the style she always wore. Nope I didn't see her face and she was gone as fast as she came but she sure made me stand to attention just the way she always did.
So yesterday morning I got up and said to myself, My Mamma didn't raise me to whine and whimper, and by golly that is enough of being stupid. I'm going to straighten up fast and give myself an attitude ajustment. I'm going to think postive and move even when I think I can't. Next time Mamma might actually use that peach tree limb on me. YEP!!!

No comments: