Monday, May 10, 2010

LEARNING IS HARD

5-9-10...LEARNING CAN BE HARD

We learn by, seeing, doing, hearing, watching, listening, etc.
We grow by what we learn, what we are taught, by example of those around us who are wise, and most of all by experience. We survive on grit, determination, trying, and never giving up. We face our heartaches, hardships, disappointments, adversities, enemies, and downfalls. We get up, dust our britches and go on no matter what because if we don't someone will most certainly kick us while we are down. Even if that does happen and we are beaten down we don't have to stay down unless we choose to. We keep going, pushing, and facing problems and get up every time we are down. I know all this, I was taught all this, and I put all this in practice all my life. But I am tired today and don't want to face any of it so I chose not to. Like I said it is our choice and there is no way we can stay on top all the time.
Today I sit and feel so sorry for myself that I am ashamed. I can't face things or people today even if I hurt their feelings. I just absolutely can not. Does that mean that tomorrow will be the same way? I can't really answer that right now but I'm hoping that it will not. I will strive for a better day tomorrow when today is gone and just a bad memory because I don't choose to dwell on bad memories. I know they will come creeping in again sometimes when my defenses are down but tomorrow I intend to laugh at my foolishness. Tomorrow I intend to raise my face to the first light and say, “Watch out world. Clydene is back”!

No comments: