Saturday, December 6, 2008

REBELLIOUS TEEN

12-5-08...REBELLIOUS TEEN

I've never been known for my patience. And Yes I'm stubborn as a mule. I admit it. I get my mind set on something and I hang on till I get knocked down. Then I'll be squirming to get back up. That is how it was when Mama told me I couldn't go to a dance with a boy. I was 13 and thought I was 30. Other girls my age were going. Well for one thing Clydene that boy is 17 and too old for you. And another thing You are too young to go on dates and You are not going.!! It aint fair, I never get to do nothin', You are mean, You don't want me to have friends, you ruin everything for me. I'm goin' no matter what you say!! Smack!!!! Young Lady you go sit over there and don't you move or say a word till I've decided what to do. Do about what!! Smack!!! Oh I wish I was dead. SMACK!! My ears were ringing by now and I still wouldn't shut up. It was winter and no peach tree limb handy so Mama got a fly swat and just wore my bottom out. I did sit down then but I grumbled under my breath for a while and Mama ignored me. She was cooking supper. Clydene set the table. NO! You told me not to get up!! UH OH!! I'd just gone too far this time. I'm leaving and I'm never comin back I hollered as I started toward the door. Now I've got her I said to myself, she'll be sorry now. Course I had no intention of leaving and I know now that My Mama knew I wasn't going nowhere fast.
I waited at the door for Mama to say come on back Clydene. You can go to the dance. But what she said was, Yes you are leaving Clydene, pack your clothes! What? Splutter splutter, What? I said pack your clothes. Come on I'll help you. Mama got a sack and headed to my room. NO MAMA! I'm not goin' I was kiddin'. No Clydene you were not kiddin' now you are goin'. Oh My gosh, My Mama had lost her mind I thought. No Mama No I don't want to go. Please don't make me go Please NO! I was blubberin' and snotin' and carrin' on like a bellerin' heiffer lookin' for her calf. I don't know how long this went on but My 9 yr. old brother finally said. Clydene tell Mama you are sorry. I don't want you to go, tell her you are sorry. He was cryin' now and so was Mama. I'm sorry Mama, I'm sorry I wont do it again I promise. Don't make me go. The three of us were huggin and cryin and sayin I love You when Daddy got home from the coal mine. He had black coal dust on him but he got in the bunch and hugged too. I'm crying right now just thinking about it. Mama had a good Idea to calm an arrogant 13 yr old girl who was gettin too big for her britches. (if i'd of had britches then) She cured me of that smart mouth. I'm still stubborn as a mule but I've learned that when you hurt someone that you love, IT HURTS YOU WORSE! I was in that rebellious stage and It didn't last long. I just loved and respected my Parents too much to hurt them. My brother Norman is pretty special too. There then for me, There now for me. Yep I am one blessed woman. Yep!

No comments: