Saturday, April 11, 2009

OLD GOLD WEDDING BAND

4-11-09...OLD GOLD WEDDING BAND

I have a wide gold wedding band on that was given to me by my Mama just before she died. She told me to put it on right there in front of her. I didn't want to because I thought it looked like I thought she was dying and I didn't want to think about that. But she insisted so I did and it has not been off of my finger since. I am the 5th generation to wear it. I don't have a daughter so I will give it to my brother one day. Norman has two sons and no daughter. It will be given to his first son and eventually to his daughter. She will be the 7th generation to wear it. It is still thick and in good shape. Things were made of better quality then. Below is what Mama wrote in Dec of 2000 before she got to sick to do it. It tells the story of this amazing ring. WOW!!!

No comments: