Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TRUE FRIEND BAD SEEDS

4-14-09...TRUE FRIEND BAD SEEDS

TRUE FRIEND

Having a friend like you is knowing
That you are always there for me.
We can talk or not say a word.
Share bad times or times of glee.
It is knowing within my heart,
When you are Praying on my behalf.
It is that feeling that I have
Whether I cry or laugh.
It's knowing that you understand
When I'm happy or when I'm sad.
And I don't have to tell you, you just know
when I need you or times are bad.
It's knowing you'll still love me
even if I'm not lovable today,
and you'll love me just for me,
Disregard things I might say.
Yes, you are a real true friend
and I thank God for you.
And I just Pray I'll always be
that kind of friend for you too.

© January 2009
Clydene Overbey

BAD SEEDS

When I plant a garden, all in neat rows.
It is such a wonder as I wait to watch it grow.
A tiny seed I drop. Into the earthly sod.
It burst forth in all it glory
a root, a plant, from GOD.
For god is the only one who could make a little seed
grow in it's abundance. For our bodies meet a need.
Lord help me to remember as I plant my garden today,
To sow my other seeds, kindness, understanding, & words I say.
For one tiny seed of malice can grow into mighty weeds
that destroy a life, a soul, Lord stay me from bad seeds
.

No comments: