Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A TRIBUTE TO RICHARD

8-19-09...A TRIBUTE TO RICHARD

Richard Don 02/05/1971 to 07/17/1987
Still alive in my heart.

My Son was only 16 when he was killed in a car crash. I checked out of life for a while. (very bad thing to do) I even asked God to take me too but of course that was bad too. I wallowed in self pity for a long time, bad bad bad. I wouldn't talk about Richard to anyone just kept it all bottled up inside. I didn't sleep much, didn't eat much, quit my job, blocked out my Friends and Family, and just generally tried to stop living out in the open. These were all wrong but the worst thing I did was to stop going to Church and stopped Praying. Somehow God got through to me (He was the only one who could and I knew that but I was shutting him out also). God made me see that I had a life to live and people who loved and needed me. Richard was my only Child and my Pride and Joy and I was letting his memory stay in the recesses of my mind. God guided me through it and it wasn't easy but I finally decided to enjoy life again. I can and will talk about the tragedy now in hopes of helping other's in the same situation. I remember the good times with my Son and I can smile again. I Thank God for allowing me to have this precious boy in my life for 16 and 1/2 years. He was a Joy and I still feel Joy just thinking about him. Right now I am smiling through tears. Yes I do still cry sometimes but today I am also smiling!!!

No comments: