Monday, September 14, 2009

ACCOUNTABILITY

9-13-09...Accountability

My parents always made me accountable for my actions. I knew they would but I was a little stubborn spitfire.
One day I was standing before my Mamma telling her a ball faced lie about something I had done. She knew I was lying, and I knew I was lying. Mama just decided I WOULD!!! tell her the truth. Hey! Where did you think I got my stubbornness?
I can't remember what I was even lying about but I do remember that I fessed up and what my Mamma said afterward. "Clydene if you always tell me the truth then I'll always know I can trust you. What if someone would tell me something bad about you and I couldn't be sure whether to believe you or them? That would be a hard thing for me and I would be hurt. But if you always tell me the truth then I will always know I can believe you and I can take your side on anything". That has never left me. I think about it often. The impression it left on me has always carried me through everything. I detest being lied to, being lied about, and being called a liar. Those three things make my blood boil hot.
It always hurts to be second guessed and have a friend question what I am saying. A true friend or family member would never think twice about believing every word I say. Yet when someone will at times begin to question me and show signs that they are not believing a word I am saying and even start out to try to prove me wrong, it is devastating. I have some in my life right now who do that to me. I know they are not true friends but I can't just walk away from them. I just feel bad for them that they were not raised to tell the truth the way I was. My Daddy said all the time, "People who doubt, and don't trust anyone are the ones not to be trusted. They are judging you by their selves". You got that right Daddy. I find that out more every day I live. YEP! We gotta' be accountable for our actions and our words. We just need to watch our mouths!!!!

No comments: