Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE WAY IT WAS

3-15-10...THE WAY IT WAS

What about the costs of things today? Terrible HUH? I can hardly afford to go anywhere for fear of running out of gas. And food is another thing. MY Heavens!!!
Maybe we should have stayed the way it was when I was growing up. Work hard and play less. Raise the food we eat. Walk more places. When I was in school lunch was 10cents and was a good balanced meal. No junk food. Also we rode the school bus or walked. NO ONE had a car to drive to school and cruise around afterward. Entertainment was all the kids gathering at someone's house for a fudge party. Grandma's and Mothers made our clothes out of pretty flour sacks you could buy at the local store. Pollution had not even been invented yet. We breathed in clean air and ate undoctored food. Milked a cow, gathered the eggs, canned our own food we grew out in the garden. etc. It didn't take much to make us happy back then.
PROGRESS? Is that what they call it? Things are certainly not better to my way of thinking. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed all these modern conveniences in the second part of my life. But do I miss the way it was? YOU JUST BETCHA!!!!!

No comments: