Friday, June 5, 2009

A GIGGLE FIT

6-3-09...A GIGGLE FIT

Sometimes I get the giggles. I mean belly hurtin', side splitin', giggles. I hate it when I do that because invariably it will happen when It shouldn't happen. I can't stop when I get started with those darn giggles. A fit of the giggles will come on when no one around me sees a thing to laugh about. A look can even do it and all at once I burst forth with uncontrollable giggles. I've been known to giggle when some one stumbles, falls, walks in to a very clean window, or most anything. Sometimes I have gotten cursed out or even threatened. My Brother Norman climbed over a garden gate when he was about eight years old. As I watched him just as he straddled the gate getting to throw the other leg over a nail caught his jeans. There he was hanging over the side caught on a nail. I rushed over to help him. Just as I got there he dropped down on the other side and I heard a ripping. Now that scared me because I was afraid that was some of his vital parts ripping. But when both feet dropped down he was standing there spread eagled. His jeans were ripped all the way around at both leg seams and he looked like he had a denim skirt on. Giggle giggle are you giggle giggle huurrtt, giggle giggle. Well good grief he very well could have been hurt bad and all I could do was giggle until my eyes watered and my stomach ached. He wasn't seriously hurt but he had some scratches and I saw blood. I started crying then but now it was sob sob giggle giggle snot snot aaarrree youuu hurt? Did you ever cry and laugh at the same time? It hurts!!
One day about 15 years ago I was on a lake with my husband at the time. I wasn't in a boat but I was watching the people oaring around on the peaceful blue water and just relaxing while everyone else fished or whatever. It was very relaxing and I was dozing in my lounger when I noticed a man oaring in toward the bank. I could see he was not a young man and was huffing and puffing as he used the paddles. That is what got my attention on this one particular man. First I noticed his funny looking hat bouncing around on his head. I wasn't in to a full blown giggle fit yet but it would come. He rowed in to the bank. The water was very shallow and I guess he thought it was stopped on the sand. He got to his feet and the boat started going backward. That poor man stumbled around but couldn't get his balance. He fell straight back in to the boat and the boat took off backwards. He was rolling around trying to get to his feet again. There were people running to help him but guess what I was doing? Yep you're right I was in a bad giggle fit. In my mind I was thinking Oh My Goodness that poor man. I hope he's not hurt. Bur coming out of my mouth was giggles and I was getting loud with them. People were looking at me and I was so embarraced that again I was crying. All anyone could see was my giggles though. I was trying my best to stop but like I've said before, a giggle fit is uncontrollable for me.
They got the man back to the bank and on his feet. He looked up at me and started toward me. I hollered I'm so sorry giggle giggle sob sob then I ran like the wind up to my car, got in and locked the door. My husband finally came to the car and he was madder'n'a hornet. Seems he almost had to fight the man trying to keep him away from me. Oh My Gosh. All I've got to say is PLEASE DON'T FALL IN FRONT OF ME, PLEASE DON'T!! I hate having these giggle fits. I absolutely hate it!!!

No comments: