Tuesday, October 6, 2009

STILL SMILING

10-5-09...Still Smiling

I'M STILL SMILING
There have been times in my life when I've missed someone so much that I just want to pick them from my dreams and hold them close and hug them. This will never happen but what would life be without that hope that I hold out for. Good Memories are alive in me and when I am so sad I feel like I can't go on I hug those people in my dreams and keep them close in my heart.
Doors of happiness will usually eventually close, but another door will open. I have at times focused all my attention on a closed door that I can't see the new door opening for me. I have most likely missed some of my open doors and they have closed softly behind me.
Looks are often deceiving and the door I am reaching for has no door knob and will not ever open again for me. I have looked for things to make me smile. Closed doors will not cure anything that my heart might feel but happy memories can soothe and add balm to the sting.
I dream what I want to dream for, and strive to be what I want to be and for all the things I want to do, but why do I still look back at the closed doors and wish for what is never to be.
I can still have happiness by making someone else smile and making the best of the things I have and things that are to come. A smile can make so much difference.
I know that a bright future is based on leaving the doors of hurt closed. By going forward in life while still keeping the good memories alive is the only way to be the only one smiling at the closing of my last door.

No comments: