Saturday, October 10, 2009

TODAY IS ALL WE HAVE

10-9-09...TODAY IS ALL WE HAVE

My Parents taught me that I could do anything I wanted to do. They said try, reach for it. If you fall get up and try again. They said don't worry about the future or even tomorrow because Today is all we have. Do your best today and the future will take care of it's self.
The falling is what makes us strong, or does us in. We can lie there and wait for tomorrow or get up and finish out today. They taught me to get up. There is no future if you don't get up.
I have friends and family who are in such a hurry to get to tomorrow they forget about today and now. You can ask them to come for a visit but they don't have time because tomorrow they gotta have this or that done. How very foolish. Look what they are missing.
Now I'll admit I'll was one of those hurry up kind of people now and then but not as much as some I know. I had a dear friend who never could even be still long enough to have a phone chat with me. She had been that way all her life. She thought I was lazy I am sure because I took time to enjoy today. My house wasn't always spotless but you could eat off her floors if she would let you walk on them. I refused to have to take my shoes off every time I went in her house. Therefore we lost touch. She died a few years ago. Still in a hurry to get somewhere. If she had only slowed down and looked to today. She didn't seem to realize the future would take care of it's self.
I am slow now because I have to be. I neither know or care about the future. I live today to the best of my ability. That is what my Parents taught me and I'm still here. I'm still slow but I still enjoy the sunrise. When God calls me I'm ready to go but I sure aint gonna hurry the going none!!!! Nope!!!

No comments: