Saturday, October 10, 2009

RETIREMENT

10-9-09...RETIREMENT!!!!!

Planning my retirement was a big joke. When I got up early every morning and hit the road to work without my third cup of coffee. I thought, Boy one of these days I can sleep all day if I want to. I can sit in my robe and drink coffee as long as I want to every morning.
What A joke. I'm up at least four time nightly cause my bladder has to be emptied. Then in the mornings three sips of coffee and off I go again. Sit All Morning? HA!
I remember my Daddy saying many times. “I've worked all my life so that I could retire and do anything I want to do. Now that I have I aint' able to do a dad burned thing. Boy Howdy am I understanding that right now.
I wanted to concrete my alarm clock in. The durn thing had been thrown across the room enough times it was shot any ways. I threw it in the trash and got me one of them new fangled clocks with a whole bunch of settings. It talked to me, played music to me, and even sounded like rain, or waterfalls, or a bunch of other things. The blamed thing did have an alarm on it but I wasn't planning on using it. WRONG!!! Now days I have to set that durn thing anyway cause Drs seem to think all us oldies need early morning appointments. First time I heard a space machine coming in my bedroom at 4:00 Am I threw that durned new fangled clock farther that I ever did the old wind up.
In retirement there is never any sleeping in. Nope! Your body is used to being up early and teaching an old dog new tricks never happens. Ya Know, You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make him drink', that kind of thing.
Driving at night is a hazard to everyone on the road so those peaceful moonlight rides in the country are out of the question. Now that I have time I can't see to drive and I can't get away from my pot very long or I'll have to change my clothes. Oh Well why the heck I thought I wanted to do that is now a mystery to me anyway.
Week-ends are just regular days now. No rushing to do laundry, shopping, etc. Now it's trying to figure out what day of the month it is or even what month or year it is. GOOD GRIEF
But Heck Fire, I'm retired and that's what I worked for all those years. Well By Golly I've reached my goal and reaching a goal aint nothing to look on lightly. NOPE!!

No comments: