Thursday, January 28, 2010

MORNING THINGS

1-28-10...MORNING THINGS

MORNING THINGS
I Saw the sun this morning in it's glory rising.
It has come to take the moon's place on yonder hill's horizon.
I saw a baby calf in the Meadow, a few hours old at most.
The early sunlight beamed on him standing, wobbly by a fence post.
In wonder I beheld, a dewdrop on a rose, shining in early light.
I smelled the fragrance in the air, saw a whippoorwill in flight.
These magical things of morning are there for everyone. So we should all enjoy it, It comes from God and His Son

One morning when I was about four I tagged along behind Daddy as he fed animals in the early dawn. Sun was coming up all pink and purple and fiery. This little colt had just been born and it's Mamma was cleaning her off. She was wobbling around and trying to get to breakfast but Mamma wanted her baby's face and hands clean for breakfast. (kind of like my Mamma was)
There were wild roses growing on the fence and they also sparkled with dew drops.
And that elusive Whipporwill that we hear but seldom see flew out of a bush. His eyes shined in the light just like a cats or a dog would.
Years later when I was away from my beloved home and couldn't get back I remembered this scene and wrote this poem. It was published in my Poetry book called From My Heart and available on Amazon. I am remembering that morning on this cold drab morning to remind me there will be sushine as well as rain.

No comments: