Thursday, January 28, 2010

TRIBUTE TO FRIDA

1-26-10...TRIBUTE TO FRIDA

She said, "Can we always be friends"?
I said. "Of course we can".
But as the days came and went,
that was not to be the plan.
We had a fun filled summer,
my best friend and me.
We knew she'd leave come Fall,
but for now our days were free.
It never once crossed our minds
Frida's life was almost done.
We skipped through days on end
having so much fun.
Making fudge and playing records
at her place or at mine.
Thinking as young ones do
there was always so much time.
Sometime bout July
on a hot southern day
something trivial happened
I said, "Wish you'd go away!"
We'd had just a little spat
shouldn't of meant so much.
But for the rest of that summer
we never were in touch.
Her parents picked her up one day,
we never said good by.
Still miffed and acting stupid
I let that day go by.
The next day we got the news
of speeding cars on up the way
Frida's family didn't make it
they all passed away.
They never had a chance
That's what my Mamma said.
Frida would never come back
her whole family was dead.
Mamma had always told me
never go to sleep mad.
Now I understood why, that was so bad.
I'll never forget Frida, She's still there in my heart.
She has a special place now, where we'll never be apart.

No comments: