Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DON'T LOOK DOWN YOUR NOSE

12-22-09...DON'T LOOK DOWN YOUR NOSE

“I might look crazy but I aint no fool.” That was a line I had in our Junior play. That just reminds me of how someone can get too big for their britches fast. It never ceases to amaze me the self worth some people can put on their selves. Daddy used to say their noses were so high in the air that they would drown if it rained.
When I moved to Idaho I got a job as Food Service supervisor in a Nursing home. I had the credentials, I had the diploma, I had everything except the right home state. My accent was a source of humor to them. I had to learn what they ate in that place before I could write the Menues. One Big headed nurse set out right away to throw me off. She didn't want to have to cooperate with me because she thought I was a stupid hillbilly with beans for a brain.
She just couldn't get used to me being in charge of the kitchen and having authority over her in Food Service. She was always trying to get me in a tight that I couldn't get out of. No Way Sister you've messed with the wrong one now. I caught her holding an old ladies nose one day to make her swallow her food. I said, “Betty you could strangle her to death doing that.” She looked at me and said, “Why don't you go back to Arkansas where you belong”. Now guys My head steamed up till I thought it would pop. It wasn't what she said that had me disturbed, but what she was doing. I was not going to let her strangle an old woman to death. I said, “Betty if you don't take your hands off that lady I'll take it off”. She paid no attention to me. I'm so glad that someone else had gone to get the supervisor and she showed up right then because I would have taken her away from that lady or have died trying. She was fired on the spot. I was not proud of myself or happy that Betty lost her job but it just goes to show you that the mightiest always fall the hardest.
I don't mind someone laughing with me. But when some big nosed bitty starts making fun of me and laughing at me I don't like it. And isn't it just the way of things. She was trying to get rid of me because she thought I was stupid and she was the one who had to go. YEP!!!

No comments: