Sunday, August 3, 2008

BLESSED TIRING WONDERFUL TRIP

5-25-08...BLESSED TIRING WONDERFUL TRIP

Isn't it a hard thing to have to give up and say, I'm TOO OLD, I CAN'T KEEP UP, I NEED HELP, MY DAY FOR THAT KIND OF THING HAVE COME TO A SCRECHING HALT, and other such things that you learn the hard way!! Last month I signed up to go to The Women Of Faith Conference in our State Capitol Of Little Rock Ar. about 3 hours away from my home. I was so excited when I got on that Church van and we pulled out. WOW!!! This is going to be great. Well Guys it never even once crossed my mind to wonder how a 63 (WELL ALMOST 64) year old Lady was going to keep up with a bunch of 'Younguns' They were all in their early to late 30's and low 40's. SOOO WHAT YOU SAY. I must have been in the twilight zone or some such place when I climbed on that van so excited with much anticipation. We were going to spend the night in a hotel. We had a conference Friday night and another one that lasted all day Saturday. We had to Park about 2 blocks away and walk up (AND I DO MEAN UP) to the Alltel Arena where it was held. I started falling behind right then. Those girls got out of the van and made a beline toward the Arena. I was left in their dust. They weren't even aware that I wasn't there anymore. I thought to myself,, NOW SELF, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW? I'm going to be standing out here in the dark 'bawling my eyes out and some policeman is going to come drag me away in a straight jacket. CAUSE SEE, I KNEW THAT THE STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL WASN'T FAR FROM THERE!!! Well Praise The Lord one of those girls finally missed me and came back for me. The Conference was wonderful. So uplifting. I cried with the speakers, I laughed with the speakers, I danced with the speakers. Well danced might not be the right word. It was more like a duck waddle. The seats were the most uncomfortable contraptions I ever put my body in. not enough room to even stretch good and so close you were jammed in like sardines. GET THE PICTURE? Anyway I MADE THAT DAY STILL MOVING albeit very slowly. The room in the motel was as hot and stuffy as a tomb but I slept some after a shower. Then comes the second day which got worse. The next day will have to wait 'cause I am just 'tuckered' out from reliving the first day. I'll just say this----- I COULD NOT GET OFF THE VAN WITHOUT HELP WHEN I GOT BACK TO THE CHURCH THAT NIGHT. If you want to hear THE REST OF THE STORY let me know and after I rest up I'll be glad to tell it. Right now I'd just like to say. Thank The Good Lord for those girls that let this 'ol' gal' hang on to their coat tails for the duration. GOD BLESS THEM!!!!! OH AND BY THE WAY I AM NOT GOING NEXT YEAR UNLESS I GROW WINGS. GRANNY

No comments: