Sunday, August 3, 2008

CAN'T BELIEVE WE ATE THE WHOLE THING

6-9-08...CAN'T BELIEVE WE ATE THE WHOLE THING

My cousin who was only 7 month's older than me and I were together all the time. And 'BOY' could we get into things. We lived on a dead end road and she lived just across the paster. Yes paster there were no streets. Brenda and I were always doing stupid things. Well what do you expect from two little girls not yet even in school. COME ON!! Well this one day Mama had made seven quarts of jelly and set them on a shelf on the closed in porch where we played. Mama was nursing my baby Brother and told us to play quietly while she got Norman to sleep. Well we were quiet as little mice about to get in a trap. That jelly sure did look good didn't it. Recon we could just taste a bit. Sure why not Mama wouldn't care, weren't we being so quiet and good? Sure 'nuff' we were. The jelly was still warm but not hot and the wax seal was real easy to take off. We started eating with our hands cause' we were supposed to be quiet weren't we? Couldn't go in the kitchen for spoons. 'Sides' Mama would have to ask us what we were doing and that would wake my baby brother don't ya know? Well we were finally up to our elbows nearly with the first jar so we discarded that one and opened the next, the next, the next, Well you get the picture. What wasn't in our bellies was dripping off us on to the floor when Mama walked in!!! Well My Goodness Mama, what cha' makin' such a big deal about? We didn't do nothin'. Well My Mama didn't agree with our reasoning so we got a tanning on our backsides as soon as we went to the well. Mama drew up enough water to put in the washtub and we got in. When we were clean is when we got our hides tanned. Daddy got home and he was almost laughing. ALMOST! The next day Brenda came to my house and peeped around the corner and said "I DON"T WANT ANY MORE JEDO" Seems like she must have got more than I did because she was sick in the night. "LITTLE PIG""

No comments: